Thursday, October 4, 2007

wake!

I have a reoccurring theme that happens in my dreams occasionally. It feels like a longing, a longing that can’t be reached. Try and try as I might, the object of desire just out of my grasp or just keeps getting further. Soon this starts to develop a sense of hopelessness. It cannot be done and there is nothing I can do about it. I am helpless. But I have to keep trying.
I wanted to convey this sense of build up; you’re waiting for the big finale. You’re waiting, but you just keep waiting. Another obstacle gets in the way, you’re not as close as you thought u were, just something. That’s when the hopelessness sets it. When you start to feel like you won’t get there, and that’s all there is to do. You occasionally get close and get your hopes up again, but you’re just let down even harder.
My character wakes up; it’s dark, the lights are flickering, and he has quite the throb to his head. Not knowing what happened, he begins walking through the school. Well on the first corner he gets to, he catches a glimpse of what looks like a person. Although, when he gets there it’s gone, and then the lights go out down the hallway. Something is around, so he starts to run. He sees another glimpse of someone upstairs, then, he tries to get out of the school, but before he knew it, he was dropped back into consciousness.

6 comments:

J Postal said...

E
I think it should start with the-My charactor wakes up....and go on from there putting the first part at the end.
J

Dwayne Butcher said...

What is your object of desire? Do you make an implied reference to it in the film? I understand the film more now from reading this but I still want to know what it is you desire. Also, adding the school refernce may make this what you desire, wanting to get out of school but can't, do you feel trapped by the institution?

Tiffani Nikole said...

ok..cool synopsis. i dont know what else to say! I feel confused, but i believe Im suppose to (as the character is 2)

zach waters said...

This does further help to explain the concept of your movie. I think it works well, considering like my movie, yours might seem a little confusing to some or most veiwers.

Nanarb Yenid said...

sentences are a little short and choppy.

atheistpally said...

it's bad form to switch from 1st to 2nd person in writing. the sentence "I wanted to convey this sense of build up" is worded badly. change that or delete it.